Friday, August 12, 2005

 

KP Said It So Well

One of the articles I have on my list to write is about the common abuse of 1 Corinthians 10:13. But my friend Keith has already said it so well on his blog, "God Won't Give You More Than You Can Handle."

He says, "How frequently we hear these words offered in pressing times, usually preceded by the words, 'Like the Bible says. . .' It's interesting that what many people mean by their paraphrase is something along the order of 'God will keep you from being overwhelmed.' But is that what is actually promised? I don't think so. The verse that people have in mind when they say this actually has to do with temptation. . . ."

Read the whole article.
And when you read your Bible, read with open eyes.

Link
Comments:
Thanks, Jerry. I actually was thinking of you when I put this one together. I was pretty sure that this one would be somewhere on your list.

The link you have in the title is just that of my blog. In case people don't want to search all over for the post you're referring to, here's the link.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?